Scanlon is Looking for Volunteers
She knows from her own primary success that every Democratic victory in 2018 is due to thousands of regular folks with busy lives volunteering a few hours to register voters or distribute literature or make phone calls.
Scanlon will be here in Havertown to talk about volunteering:
When: Monday, July 30, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Where: Joan Tarka's home, HT Dems’ Volunteer Coordinator
664 Paddock Road, Havertown
RSVP by July 20: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not a fundraiser. You will not be asked to write a check. You will learn about what you can do as a volunteer and how you can set the amount of time you can offer & the dates.
Never too early to apply for an Absentee Ballot!
Going to college this fall? Going on vacation – or a business trip -- in early November? Don’t let distance suppress YOUR vote in this all-important election. Getting an Absentee Ballot is a 2-step process, not a last-minute thing. Start now:
1. Apply for an Absentee Ballot online from the good folks at VotesPA.
2. Fill out your application and return it to your County Board of Elections (addresses, by county, conveniently located on page 3 of the application website).
- Give Havertown address
- If you don’t know Voting District (your ward & precinct), it’s okay to skip that.
3. Turn in your application to your County Board of Elections office by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 30, 2018 (but that’s cutting it awful close! Apply now!)
4. Expect to receive your Absentee Ballot in October.
5. Send in your Absentee Ballot in time for receipt at County Board of Elections by Friday,
Nov. 2. If this is your first time voting, send in a copy of your drivers’s license with your ballot.
***If you, a relative, or a friend is not registered to vote, FIX THAT! Go get your convenient, online Voter Registration Application, fill it out and send it in by October 9, 2018.
Delco Democrats Hosting Annual Picnic for ALL Dems
When: Sunday, August 12; 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Where: Ridley Creek State Park, Pavillion 11-A, Media, PA.
Hamburgers & hot dogs cooked by Zac’s. Salad and dessert donations appreciated.
Haverford Township Day Float
Our Grassroots Team is already making plans for a big Democratic showing in the parade on Haverford Township Day in October.
Volunteers are needed to help with planning and executing our float. Contact Grassroots Team to volunteer a little or a lot.
Township Commissioners Meetings
Our township commissioners are now meeting in the NEW Administration Building at 2014 Darby Road. Come check out the new space!
Haverford Township Commissioners hold a “working” meeting on the first Monday of the month and a “regular” meeting (where they vote) on the second Monday of each month, 7:00-9:00 p.m. Both meetings are open to the public.
Here’s the township's official calendar for all upcoming meetings, including the Zoning Board and Planning Commission meetings.
Video of the regular monthly Township Commissioner meetings is available on Haverford Township's YouTube channel.