We are knocking on EVERY Democratic door in the township by Oct. 20
Haverford Democrats canvassing Haverford Democrats – that is the grassroots goal: building community strength by doing it for ourselves, ward by ward, precinct by precinct.
- Volunteer to knock on 30-40 doors over a two-week span, according to your own schedule.
- You get exercise and you get to talk to Democrats – who smile when they see us GETTING OUT THE VOTE!
- HTDems Events page gives you the canvassing schedule and contact info you need. Canvass in your ward or a different ward. Your choice.
Prefer to make phone calls to Democrats, encouraging them to VOTE?
- Email Brianna Cole, our field director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brianna is running a phone bank every weekday evening, 5:00-8:00. Let her know when you can put in 3 hours.
Haverford Township Day is Saturday, October 6. Join the parade!
Thanks to all who made the “Raise Our Visibility” fundraiser a huge success. We can now rent a flat-bed truck and create a Blue Wave float for HTDay parade.
Attend the float-building party on October 5. We provide the beer & pizza, you provide the labor. Email email@example.com.
Be part of the wave in the parade! Put on a blue t-shirt and parade with fellow Democrats. Imagine a wave of blue marching down Eagle Road. Gather at 10:00 a.m., Manoa Shopping Center parking lot. You won’t be able to miss us!
HTDems’ Monthly Meeting
When: Tuesday, October 9
Where: Haverford Township Free Library at Darby & Mill Rd.
Community Room, downstairs
Agenda: Final planning for Get Out the Vote (GOTV) in our township
Haverford Township Democrats’ Fall Fundraiser!!!!
When: Saturday, October 13, 1:30-3:30
Where: At the home of Arlin Green and Paula Yudenfriend Green, 21 Turnbridge Road, Haverford
RSVP: via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and special guest Mary Gay Scanlon, our 5th Congressional District candidate.
Mary Gay is coming to meet all of us AND to help us raise vital ‘seed’ money to support local Democratic candidates running for Township Commissioner in 2019. Yes, it’s time to plan on turning the Commission blue -– and Mary Gay knows it.
Contribution levels: $1,000 Hosts $250 Sponsors $100 Supporters $50 Committee & H-CAN
Can’t attend but want to contribute to our 2019 Victory Fund? Make out your check to Haverford Township Democratic Committee. Mail to Haverford Democrats, P.O. Box 740, Havertown, PA. 19083. If you will be attending, you can give your contribution at the door.
PLEASE RSVP by September 30, so we know how much wine we need! RSVP via email to email@example.com
Voting Absentee? October 30 is the 'application' deadline.
Pennsylvania makes voting absentee far more difficult than it is in most other states. Don’t be fooled by the close-to-election due dates. Waiting til the last minute can make your ballot too late to be counted. Follow these steps NOW!
- Download absentee ballot application
- Fill out and mail completed application form to: Bureau of Elections, Government Center Building, 201 W. Front Street, Media, PA 19063
- When filling out the form, you must include street address and township. Your “Election District” means your ward & precinct. If you don’t know, you can leave blank. Or find out on our website!
- If this is the first time you are voting, you need to send a copy of your driver’s license.
- Deadline is 5:00 pm Tues, Oct 30, 2018. But don’t wait. APPLY NOW!
- County Board of Elections will mail you a paper ballot in October.
- The application allows you to give the address where you will be in October.
- Mail completed absentee ballot back to the County Board of Elections: Bureau of Elections, Government Center Building, 201 W. Front Street, Media, PA 19063
- Deadline to return in order to be counted is 5:00 pm Friday, Nov 2, 2018. But don’t wait! RETURN ASAP!
Curious about why Pennsylvania ranks in America’s top 4 for missed deadline as cause of rejected ballot? Read "Pa.’s Absentee Ballot Problem" from The Inquirer.
Township Commissioners Meetings
Our township commissioners are now meeting in the NEW Administration Building at 2014 Darby Road. Come check out the new space!
Haverford Township Commissioners hold a “working” meeting on the first Monday of the month and a “regular” meeting (where they vote) on the second Monday of each month, 7:00-9:00 p.m. Both meetings are open to the public.
Here’s the township's official calendar for all upcoming meetings, including the Zoning Board and Planning Commission meetings.
Video of the regular monthly Township Commissioner meetings is available on Haverford Township's YouTube channel.