Sheryl Forste-Grupp for Ward 2 Haverford Commissioner
I moved to Havertown more than 25 years ago with my husband Steve Grupp. We wanted to raise our children in this wonderful community, which offered so much with its parks, walkable neighborhoods, outstanding public schools, and welcoming library.
Since then, while my three children attended Haverford Township schools, I have been engaged in our community, serving on the board of the Haverford Township Free Library from 2002 to 2009. I am currently serving on the Board of the Oakmont Farmers Market, which gives community members a chance to buy locally grown and made products directly from farmers. See my full bio here.
Now I am hoping to serve our community as the commissioner of the second ward. I want to work with the other commissioners on the Board to set a more proactive agenda which anticipates future township needs to promote long-term economic growth, transparency in governance, and community programming which supports inclusion and life-long learning.
If I am elected, I promise to:
- Listen to the citizens of Ward 2 & respond honestly to each individual’s concerns.
- Act with transparency & accountability.
- Work to develop a proactive outreach program to attract more businesses to Haverford Township to diversify our tax base.
- Strengthen our Haverford Township Free Library and other organizations which enrich our community.
- Support our Haverford Township police Department in its continuing effort to protect every resident in our community.
- Promote programs and initiatives to make our Township a welcoming and safe place to everyone no matter who they are or where they come from.
I would love to hear from you and your ideas about the future of our Township.
Donate via secure online contribution using your credit card:
Sheryl Forste-Grupp For Ward 2 Donation Form
Donate via Check (this is a clickable link to a PDF; note the information below)
I confirm that the following statements are true and accurate:
1. I am not a foreign national who lacks permanent residence in the United States.
2. This contribution is made from my own funds, and not those of another.
3. I am at least eighteen years old.
Note these Pennsylvania Contribution Terms: There is no limit on individual and PAC contributions. Contributions from foreign nationals are prohibited by law. State law requires that we collect and report name, address, occupation and employer of contributors. Donations are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION!