Sheryl Forste-Grupp for Ward 2 Haverford Commissioner
I moved to Havertown more than 25 years ago with my husband Steve Grupp. We wanted to raise our children in this wonderful community, which offered so much with its parks, walkable neighborhoods, outstanding public schools, and welcoming library.
Since then, while my three children attended Haverford Township schools, I have been engaged in our community, serving on the board of the Haverford Township Free Library from 2002 to 2009. I am currently serving on the Board of the Oakmont Farmers Market, which gives community members a chance to buy locally grown and made products directly from farmers. See my full bio here. (this link takes them back to the Township Candidate page longer bio)
Now I am hoping to serve our community as the commissioner of the second ward. I want to work with the other commissioners on the Board to set a more proactive agenda which anticipates future township needs to promote long-term economic growth, transparency in governance, and community programming which supports inclusion and life-long learning.
If I am elected, I promise to:
- Listen to the citizens of Ward 2 & respond honestly to each individual’s concerns.
- Act with transparency & accountability.
- Work to develop a proactive outreach program to attract more businesses to Haverford Township to diversify our tax base.
- Strengthen our Haverford Township Free Library and other organizations which enrich our community.
- Support our Haverford Township police Department in its continuing effort to protect every resident in our community.
- Promote programs and initiatives to make our Township a welcoming and safe place to everyone no matter who they are or where they come from.
I would love to hear from you and your ideas about the future of our Township.